June 1, 2006

Internship in Tokyo






























For this four-month summer break, I worked at Architecture office in Tokyo. It was a small office where I cannot even go to restroom without asking somebody to move. The residences I participated in designing also were amazingly small. Architects in Japan are extremely good at fitting everything in. Lot to learn from their tricks.

Meantime, I was hooked to Ballroom Dance and a team of Japanese comedian, Oriental Radio. I usually went home at around 11pm, took shower, ate, and watched those TV shows till 3 or 4am. And woke up at 8am to go to work.

On Saturdays and Sundays, I also worked at wedding receptions as a waitress. So from Mon to Fri, I sit in front of a computer. And Sat and Sun were labor days.
Thinking that I am one of Japanese that work too much, I still felt it was worth pushing myself during summer break to enjoy the feeling of being independent: It was the first time I made money through what I learned.

No comments: