December 1, 2006

Phoenix AZ






































Finally my Christmas! Ryan's family is very relaxed and welcoming. Sitting in front of fire place or lying on the carpet, all I did was reading Ryan's Japanese books.

The third picture is the installation by Cornelia Parker I found at Phoenix museum. Since my studio did hanging beer installation, I have become more interested in installations/sculptures. Though I really liked the exhibition, what made me disappointed was the black rope running in front of the art piece. I know it has to keep people out, but it could have been the tape indication on the floor. An art piece needs a physical context to be experienced by audience. The fact that it cannot communicate just through an artist's idea makes art much more interesting.

No comments: