April 19, 2008

Thesis Final 01

Grand Finale!
4/19/2008. SCI-Arc Undergraduate Thesis Final.

Architecture. I still can't help cursing my own decision
for throwing myself into this mess. After the five years of sleepless nights, crushed egos, and being pushed around, all I learned is that consistency and decency will keep me moving forward. Being an architecture student, at one moment you feel like you're on top of the world and a split second later, you start doubting yourself. You can't take your work too personally or seriously. Getting out of an architecture school, I hope things get easier, at least better than this five years of hell. Or maybe I'm wrong... graduation might only mean the beginning of an endless nightmare.

Is this what people call "rewarding"? To get to do little something I enjoy, but to have to deal with the accompanied burden of having to defend yourself? Anyway finally finally finally, I went through the path which I felt has no end. Yes, graduation doesn't mean the end of struggle, yet still I'm glad and relieved I completed something.


My fellows in order of presentation.








Sareen








YeMaster








Harold








Debora








Sky








Yukie








Barbara








Ji








Naz








Adam


Congratulations for all of us :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's the reason why a graduation ceremony is called a commencement,isn't it?

omedeto-

yukie hirashima said...

>g2

That's right!
その通りですね~先は長いです。打ち上げで tsuji-san と飲めないのが残念です。