December 24, 2007

Moomin

hooraaay!
Merry Christmas! Happy Birthday!

Found it! Found it!! Found it!!!!!
Thanks ebay♪

フィンランド発、2007年のムーミン切手です。









Found 2007 Moomin stamps booklet! I have pretty good stamp collections and have all the moomin stamps that Finland ever published. Didn't know they've issued one for 2007.

I sometimes talk with Sky about what brings fantasy up to the state of art. And we both agree with the careful and deep sense of world setting does. He always brings up Lord of the Ring, which I've never read, and I defend Harry Potter, to which he is not willing to give some credit. I've been a big fan of Moomin Valley, but never thought about bringing it up to him.

Moomin Valley is written by Tove Jansson and illustrated by her younger brother Lars Jansson. Majority of the stories take place within a small beautiful valley, in which Moomin Troll, his friends and family are peacefully hanging out. Highly philosophical concept, unique characters, and beautiful description of nature have enchanted me since I was little.


切手収集家でフィンランド切手の美しさを知らない人はいないはず。
SUOMI-FINLAND!

2003







2000









1998









1994










1992








No comments: